To want to start an indie record label, you are either an independent artist who craves credibility for your music or a music enthusiast who intends to devote your life to helping independent artist get their music into the open. Regardless of the category, you fall into, setting up properly will help your label stay afloat even when everything else goes wrong.
There’s no better time to start an indie record label than now when the dominance of major record labels is waning.
You have five major functions as an indie record label: produce, manufacture, distribute, market, and promote. That’s why we’ve put together this step-by-step guide to help you start an indie record label that stands the chance of succeeding.
We’ve put together all that you’ll need to start an indie record label from scratch in this guide. We don’t promise that it will be easy, but the torturous journey will be worth it.
Here’s what you will find in the guide;
- How to Set-up a Professional Email Address for Your Indie Record Label
- Getting a Business Phone Number for Your Indie Record Label
- Setting Up Your Indie Record Label’s Social Media Account
- How to Hire a Registered Agent For Your Indie Record Label
- Registering Your Indie Record Label Officially
- Preparing Your Indie Record Label for Production and Distribution
- How to Set-up a Website For Your Indie Record Label
We hope you get it right with your indie record label set-up. From all of us at Disctopia, we wish you all the best!